View Single Post
Old
10-24-2004, 12:18 PM
HF2002

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bruins19
If Varada would do that to Bergeron, then he would have to watch out for Martin Lapointe

Yeah, yeah....every team has their version of "if he dished out a cheap shot he'd better watch out for ________." Then Lapointe would have to watch out for Chara.

Getting back to the topic at hand..... I think both players are solid players and both would appear to be players headed for productive careers. I don't know enough about Bergeron to give a fair comparison, but my impression is that Bergeron has more offensive potential while Vermette is more of a two way player. They seem to be two different types of players and Ottawa has enough of the offensive types already. If Bergeron is the type of player who can play physically and produce offensively maybe Ottawa could use him more than a player such as Vermette, or dare I say, one of the three RW's now who provide offense but little physical play when it counts.

Both guys are french, so that cancels out management's desire to have that francophone/bilingual player with some star attraction. With Lalime gone that leaves just Vermette to carry the fleur de lis.

Last edited by HF2002: 10-24-2004 at 12:36 PM.