View Single Post
Old
07-12-2009, 08:54 AM
vokiel
Registered Settler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeiKost99 View Post
How do you come to the point where you think we have too many bodies on D? ...
That would be because I'm putting Weber in the "Ready for NHL" category and yes O'Byrne is a good 7th now though I don't think at his age he appreciates that very much.

Quote:
AND why do we need the cap space now? We have had a lot of turnover and we should take this step by step and see how the turnover works out. I know it would be ideal to get a 2nd line center but ...
That's it, basically if the org decides to send Plek away, and I'm not saying they are likely to or not, we'd have a wooping ~8 mil to get a #2 or a better #1

Quote:
All I am saying is some of you guys need to take things a little slower and let them play out. There is plenty of time to evaluate the turnover and what we need between now and the trade deadline so there is no rush.
Yes I understand what you're saying but you have to consider that trading Hammer close to the deadline might not work at all, because the man has a NMC IIRC. Those become headaches during the season more than before. I think the org is more likely to start camp and the season with that core, but like Habs 4 Life said if they feel Weber or Subban is ready then Hammer becomes expandable. The question is at what price? Better than now or worst? I mean if a team wants him now for a good price, I'm ready to accept the lost.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote