View Single Post
Old
07-12-2009, 03:24 PM
Frankie Spankie

vCash: 500
Our team couldn't get anything going at all and were down 6-1 at the start of the third period. The periods are 19 minutes running time where time is stopped with 3 minutes left when it's a close game. We start off quick and score 3 goals in the first 4 minutes so it's 6-4 with 15 minutes to go in the game. We slowly score 2 more over the next 10 minutes to tie it 6-6 with 5 minutes to go. I get the puck along the boards but I'm way too tired to do anything after a long shift. I didn't even try to get around the defender, I just took a quick wrist shot from the top of the faceoff circle and it somehow went threw the goalie's legs and in. We were up 7-6 with about 4 minutes to go and after that goal, I immediately got off. They won the face off and in almost seconds, they score their first goal of the period to tie it 7-7, man was I pissed. They had the momentum at that point and we got stuck trying to fight them out of our zone. I got on with about 2 minutes to go and still stuck on defense. One of our guy's blocked a shot and got hurt at the point so he just quickly changed. While he changed, the puck found it's way straight to me and our guy replacing the injured guy started breaking down the middle. He happens to be our best scorer, easy pass right down the wide open middle straight to him with about 30 seconds to go and he buries in the breakaway and we won.

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote