View Single Post
Old
07-12-2009, 10:44 PM
VC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laterade View Post
how? they lost Krog AND Jaffray :[

Defense looks good though I think it'll be something like this.

Baumgartner McIver
Oberg Ellington
Ehrhardt Funk
Rahimi

Sanford
backup
As already been stated Ehrhadt is gone and Travis Ramsey is on a Moose contract. I would imagine that Rahimi and Ramsey will battle for the 7/8 spot, the loser may end up in Victoria.

All is not lost on the forwards ranks with the loss of Jaffray and Krog as the team is deep with wingers but are weak in offensive centres.

Wing Depth

LW
Michael Grabner
Sergei Shirokov (once offical)
Tanner Glass
Pierre-Cedric Labrie

RW
Matt Pope
Eric Walsky
Guillaume Desbiens
Mike Keane

It is centre depth that is of concern. Of the returning centres Alexandre Bolduc had the most points last season with 33, it may be a reach but he may have to do as second line centre. Mario Bliznak has shown too much offense yet, thats not to overshadow the fact that he is becoming a good checking centre. The only other centre I know about is Dusty Collins who I thik is on a Moose contract, hes somewhat of a role player that looks to be a good 13th forward for the Moose. By my count, thats a third and forth line centre. As somebody has mentioned Wacey Rabbit didn't recieve his QO, he would fit with the theme of this offseasons additions. He may be small but he sure is fast and has a little offensive upside, better option that what currently there for the second line. Played a season for the Giants and is from South Alberta, playing for the Moose wouldn't be out of the question. The Moose would still need to come up with a top line centre...

Last edited by VC: 07-12-2009 at 11:03 PM.
VC is offline   Reply With Quote