View Single Post
Old
07-13-2009, 09:54 AM
Rabid Ranger
Imperiled Knight

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentNaslund View Post
Any American fans want to make a comment on your team? In my point of view, that American squad is looking kinda weak compared to the last couple years. Pretty Weak in all 3 positions...
In your view? Wow, let me compose myself here before continuing........

A lot of turnover in this year's roster. Not as much top end talent, but IMO a more complete team overall. The most important change is Blais as the head coach. He's much more qualified to lead this squad than Ron Rolston, who appeared a bit in over his head. Here's who I'd like to see on the team:

Goaltenders (x2):

Mike Lee
Brandon Maxwell

I think Maxwell's going to surprise some folks this year. He's had a good showing at the Avs development camp and if he has a good start in the OHL might be hard to leave off the team. I think it speaks volumes that, despite his rough association with USA Hockey last season, he was still named to the evaluation camp roster. Campbell is the future of USA Hockey goaltending, but he is just too young at this point.

Defensemen (x7):

John Carlson/Adam Comrie
Cam Fowler/Jake Gardiner
John Moore/William Wrenn
Matt Donovan

A pretty well-balanced group. Fowler, Carlson, and Moore are studs. Comrie has excellent size, Wrenn is a beast defensively, and Gardiner and Donovan are nice PP choices. Good size overall as well.

Forwards (x13):

Schroeder-McRae-Morin
Palmieri-Stepan-Wahl
Shore-Bourque-Budish
Yogan-Ryan-Kristo
Krieder

This will be the toughest part of the team to name. A lot of very similar players, so it should come down to who is playing the best at the time. Some underrated skill IMO.

With good goaltending, this team will challenge for a medal.