View Single Post
Old
07-13-2009, 10:00 AM
orangeandblack

vCash: 500
Heres mine from a month ago.

Ill take a shot at the team I would pick.

Goalie depends on how Maxwell starts out in Kitchener. If he starts out well, I think he is Lee's back-up. No matter how good Campbell is or will be, I highly doubt they take a 17 year old goalie, unless Maxwell is getting torched, even if their grooming him for next tournament.

Defense - Locks
Carlson
Comrie
Fowler
Moore
Gardiner

I think Wrenn may be pretty close to a lock, because you need a big, physical presence that can skate. At the 7th spot Id probably take Beau Schmitz. He can skate, move the puck, and is more physical then his size would indicate. Plus he got better and better as the year went on, and could see him really coming out of the gate strong with confidence.

Forwards I dont think Kristo or Johnson are locks. Theyve not taken returnees with a year of eligibility left before, I can see them not taking these 2. Both looked in over their heads last year, and could be over taken by a good 91 crop.

Locks
Schroeder
Wahl
McRae
Morin
Palmieri

I think with good starts Budish and Kreider could make really good cases, and I think Yogan will keep getting better and stronger as he did over last season. Ill assume 2 of those 3 make it, and start off strong, so thats 7. The last 5 spots Id probably take Bourque as a skill player, and fill the last 4 in with 2-way guys like Wohlberg, Ryan, D'amigo, and Shore.