View Single Post
Old
07-13-2009, 10:56 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
"Emerson (will be) exclusively overseeing the development camp... this year will now be the way I envisioned development camps. We ran too much hockey school crap in the last couple of years but this one will be at the level I envisioned when I got here."

It's about 46 minutes, 40 seconds in. Audio interview here: http://frozenroyalty.net/2009/06/29/...ding-a-winner/

- T
The LA Times has an article today that explains what DL was referring to with his quote above:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...lumn?track=rss

"In truth, this year's camp started several days before the Kings opened the doors of their El Segundo rink to fans Friday and it will continue a few days past Sunday's final game, contested before several hundred enthusiastic fans in the chilly practice rink.

Players began arriving in stages last weekend for drills, tutoring and conditioning, though they were on public view only the last few days.

Why such secrecy?

"NFL teams don't open up their camps. Baseball, it's ridiculous," Lombardi said Sunday. "We do three days for the fans and that's when the combined groups come in. The other four days they're here to work.

"They've got to be focused. They're here to work and get better, not entertain, and they've been really good."

Let's not forget that it's July, when heat can impair clear thinking and the Kings are undefeated. Nearly every kid looks like a potential All-Star and every goalie is a candidate to plug the decades-old black hole between the pipes.

But the effort at this camp by the coaches and 30 or so draftees and free agents reflected a new level of seriousness by the entire organization."

----------------

There's an interesting tidbit about Schenn in the article as well and his difficulty picking up one of the drills.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote