View Single Post
Old
07-13-2009, 11:27 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
The key word is asset. The Rangers have guys like Anisimov and Grachev. They have a strong rapport with Russian talent. If they are able to get him to come back (and when a Russian has already been in NA, I believe there's a better shot he'd come back--see Babchuk, Anton), then Valentenko's NHL aspirations are greater than Pyatt's.

This changes nothing re: the rest of my post.
And? What does the Rangers having Anisimov and Grachev have to do with anything other than them sharing the same nationality as Valentenko? The Habs also have Russians and have had a history and an even stronger rapport with Russian talent. Also, how are Valentenko's NHL aspirations greater than Pyatt's? Pyatt will be at an NHL camp next year, Valentenko will not.

Also, before this trade...did you even know who Pavel Valentenko was? Also, the Habs already have 2 Russian's who've they've had issues over contracts that being Yemelin and Perezhogin and they've got another in Korrneev who they're unclear on. I don't think they felt like going in the same direction with Valentenko...so they included him in the trade, no big deal.

417 is online now   Reply With Quote