Thread: GDT: Development Camp 2009
View Single Post
Old
07-13-2009, 01:01 PM
Butch 19
King me

vCash: 500
I find it a bit disconcerting that DL said: "We ran too much hockey school crap in the last couple of years but this one will be at the level I envisioned when I got here."

What?!? It takes him 4 years to get a training camp to the level he wants to see?

Anyway, I went to yesterday's game and it was quite good - a great crowd too (and Sat. was MORE crowded?) The tempo was good by both sides and there was plenty of hitting. A few comments:

1. Hickey: very impresseive. Has bulked up a bit from last year and he is very fluid out there - very smooth. He stood out. Will he make the team?? Where do you put him?

2. Garrett Roe: wow - he was good: physical and with some skills. but 5'-8"?? I know he's been reminded of his height his entire life, but he may turn into something.

3. Schenn: looked as good as I expected, and I expected a lot. Put 15 more pounds on him and in 2 years he'll start.

4. The RBK practice jerseys are still laughably embarassing. I mean come on, enough with the circle/waves under the arm and silly number font. Just use real practice jerseys.

5. and DA: last year Doughty played on another level than the rest of the group. From what I remember, Doughty looked better last year than Hickey did yesterday.

6. Bernier did not stand out as the best goalie out there. I was more impressed with Jones for some reason... What do others think about Bernier's play??

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote