View Single Post
Old
07-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Fan 4 Life

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
you must not have noticed the scoring explosiong jokinen had when he first arrived with iginla, and incredible chemistry he showed with Bourque, Moss and the defense (Phaneuf especially) during the playoffs, all while still adjusting to a new system and team.

Does anyone on this board really think Jokinen will score less than 30 goals next year?

I didn't even bring him up, what kind of inferiority complex is that?
You know what I did notice about that "scoring explosion" he had with Iginla, the part where he went 16 games without a goal. That was the longest he had gone without a goal since 2002. Jokinen also didn't score a goal at Pengrowth until game 4 of their only round of playoff hockey.

I also noticed that if you take away the Toronto game Jokinen had 10 points in 18 games. One more thing I noticed was his -7 rating with Calgary during the remainder of the regular season.

I also noticed how awful Jokinen was through the first 3 games against Chicago.

The fact is that trading for Jokinen cost more than just Lombardi and a draft pick, it cost you Cammalleri. Not to mention the huge effect it had on the Flames ability to win the NW division (playing with no call ups). The Jokinen trade could have given the Flames a good chance to win last season, but they failed. Now they are back basically to where they started last season minus Lombardi. At least you guys have a really good prospect pool and don't need that first rounder anyway.

Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote