View Single Post
Old
07-14-2009, 08:07 AM
Sports1131

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccoman View Post
i like it. all the fun of an outdoorOlympic rink game without American network suits making the decision.

wider ice for AO Semin & Backis... yikes
I'm almost positive the game would be played on regulation-sized NHL ice. Olympic Stadium was used primarily for baseball and football; it's not an Olympic hockey venue so there's no reason for the NHL to use a bigger ice surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsfn95 View Post
"The indoor game at Olympic Stadium is expected to be contested on Nov. 28 or the previous Saturday to help commemorate the Canadiens’ centennial celebrations that will conclude on Dec. 5 with a match against the rival Boston Bruins at the Bell Centre. "

I'm confused too.
Olympic Stadium originally had a retractable roof but it broke and was replaced with a permanent one (several times...). However, the current one is going to be replaced again and there were rumours in the past that the Canadiens game could be scheduled after the current one is removed but before the new one is installed. This might not be the case though -- the game could be played with the roof on which might disappoint some people, but it would also amplify the sound.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote