Sex: M
Where You're From: Richmond, VA
Where You Live Now: Lewiston, ME
Nationality: USA
Hair Color: dk brown
Eye Color: brown
Mode of Transportation: VW Golf, feet
Job: Archivist
What brought you to HF Boards: The awesome trade proposals.
How you became a hockey fan: Good question. Not much hockey in Richmond, although I have faint memories of seeing the Robins play in the 70s. Followed slightly before college, and then met many northern hockey fans at school, and some of us made road trips every year to DC to see the Caps play (also went to Baltimore one year to see the Skipjacks -- they played Hershey when Hextall was their goalie.) Became a season ticket holder for the Richmond Renegades in the ECHL when they came around. (Btw, the IceCaps were the most BORING team to watch.)
How you became a Canes fan: Moved to Raleigh in 2001, just in time for the first Cup run. Cemented when Mitch Albom made his cheap comments about Raleigh and NC during the Finals.
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: 2009 version: beating the Bruins ("How 'bout them apples!!") Otherwise: The Sergei Fedorov offer sheet.
Favorite Canes Player(s): They're all gods. GODS.
Favorite NON Canes Player(s): Sprague and Odie Cleghorn
Other Sports You Like: Football (college and pro), F1 racing, golf, (playing) badminton
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Green Bay Packers, W&M, Lewiston MAINEiacs
College Attended/Attending: William & Mary (undergrad), NCSU (grad), VCU (grad)
Video Game Systems Owned: none
Favorite Game(s): EHM, Grand Prix 2 (Microprose), Close Combat III. Non-video: numerous Avalon Hill and The Gamers wargames.
Music You Listen To: Gary Numan, Primus/Les Claypool/Frog Brigade, Wire, The Fall, Joy Division, Kraftwerk, Brian Eno, Sonic Youth, mucho 80s punk and new wave, whatever else drifts through the transom...but never country (Junior Brown excepted). I'll try out everything else from classical to death metal.
Favorite Movie(s): Blade Runner, Slap Shot, Michael Clayton, After Hours, Spinal Tap
Favorite Book(s): Authors: Philip K. Dick, Phillip Pullman, Harry Pfanz, Stephen Sears, Jack Falla, tons and tons of history.
Favorite Food(s): Sugar and meat, usually not together.
Favorite TV Show(s): Arrested Development, early Simpsons, X-Files, The Tick, Rocky & Bullwinkle, old Bugs Bunny, Firefly, Homicide: Life on the Streets, The Wire, Robbery Homicide Division, various Star Treks, British mysteries (part. Wire in the Blood, Touch of Frost, and Midsomer Murders)
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: none currently, but I have a Canes keychain
Anything Else: nah

Last edited by Anton Bubdobin: 07-17-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Anton Bubdobin is offline   Reply With Quote