Thread: Kings Vision: Fan Forum: Hextall on Frolov
View Single Post
Old
07-16-2009, 02:13 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
Let's just all agree Frolov is skilled and perhaps, at the top of his game, THE most innately skilled player in the team. His goal total is almost irreplaceable seeing that we don't have the forward prospects to plug in and he's also in a position of need.

That doesn't change the fact that Frolov is widely inconsistent. In the playoffs, are you going to bank your chances on a player who may or may not show up? Or the one who's willing to do what it takes to get the W? Playoffs are a long grind, someone not showing up could be the difference between a W and a L. And moving with that, one game can be difference between winning and losing a series.

There's no doubt Frolov is spectacular, but when he's not, he's about as effective as Craig Johnson. Hell, just read the boards here. When he's cold, 75% of the people here who are advocating a significant contract extension will be the front runners of the Frolov trade proposals threads.
Puck possession is a major part of playoff hockey. Frolov is one of the best in the league when it comes to that aspect. I find his resources invaluable come post-season. I really don't understand the consistency argument. The closest thing the Kings have to "consistent" is Kopitar and he had an off year, next to him is Frolov... I think Frolov's statistics have been fairly consistent compared with the team's statistics year to year. He is always a top producer and dominates the offensive zone while maintaining defensive responsibility. It is not like he is irreplaceable, but for the Kings... He might as well be...

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote