View Single Post
Old
07-16-2009, 08:22 AM
orangeandblack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
This should be another solid team all around. The defence is excellent, the forwards are solid all around, and the goaltending could be legit...but the major difference is in the coaching. Blias baby! Thank you Jesus! There should be no excuse for why the US has underperformed the past 5 years with all that talent they have year in and out. I have high expectations for this squad, and not just because of the talent, but because of it's new leader.

Goaltending is usually an issue with the US, and this year will be no exception...But I still feel much more confident in Lee and Campbell over what we had last year. Either one can steal the show, and what a show that would be for the draft eligible Campbell.

Here is my US squad.

FORWARDS
Jordan Schroeder
Chris Krieder
Zach Buddish
Mitch Wahl
Drew Shore
Jeremy Morin
Kyle Palmieri
Andrey Yogan
Austin Watson
Phil McRae
A.J Jenks
Danny Kristo

DEFENCE
John Carlson
Jake Gardiner
John Moore
Cam Fowler
Adam Comrie
Seth Helgeson
William Wrenn

GOALTENDING
Mike Lee
Jack Campbell

LINES
1. Kreider, Wahl, Schroeder
2. Palmieri, McRae, Morin
3. Shore, Kristo, Watson
4. Jenks, Yogan, Buddish

FORWARDS-
My group is pretty darn big!
Size will not be an issue here. They could go with a monster 4th line of Yogan, Buddish, and Jenks. That would be punishing. Austin Watson is my wild card. If he has the monster year that I feel he will, you better believe his 6'3 185 frame makes this squad, and could even do it in a top 6 role. I didn't want to go with too many 2010 eligible kids, but Yogan, Fowler, Campbell, and Watson are blue chips. Keep an eye out for Morin, he could be the steal of the draft, and really add scoring punch and depth to this team.

The player to keep an eye on the most is....Chris Krieder. If he is as legit as he looks, he should have no problem anchoring a top 6 role on this club despite being a freshmen this year. If he doesnt rise to the occassion, the US will not have the top stud line that we have been blessed with in the past.

A lot of CHL picks here, but hopefully they start taking the best picks possible and McRae, Yogan, Wahl are that. Jenks may be a stretch, but if his foot speed picks up, he is a perfect crash and burn 4th line guy.

DEFENCE-
Excellent all around group. Big, mean, mobile and nasty. Comrie, Helgeson, Fowler and Wrenn are all solidly built, and not afraid to lower the boom. Moore and Gardiner are the slick puck movers that this team covets, and John Carlson is the big stud shot from the point. I really like what this group can offer all around.

GOALTENDING-
It is Mike Lee's show, but if he falters, Jack Campbell is the right choice to fill the void. This kid is the best thing we have had in awhile, and I honestly hope he gets that chance to shine. It is a lot to ask out of such a young kid, but I have confidence in his all world skill as well as Mike's. He is the best 2010 draft eligible goalie in the world, lets see what he can do on the big stage.
I like the team youve picked. Just a few notes.

I think Kreider is destined for 3rd or 4th line role on this team. I know hes a high pick, and should definitely make the team, but hes more potential then production at this point. He isnt a refined scorer right now, and hes jumping from 11th grade preps to Hockey East. I think he talented enough to start out strong at BC, I just dont think he cracks the top 6 forwards yet, but I could be wrong.

I agree, Im expecting Watson to have a monster year. That should at least get him noticed, but theres alot of good US 92s out there, and Im not sure theyll pull the trigger and add him. Hes gotta compete with Saad, Nieto, Zucker, Etem, etc. If hes on Windsors top line and putting up a PPG, it would be tough to ignore.

Im expecting an even bigger year from Yogan. He came out of Florida, and its taken 2 years for him to grow into his body. Last year he showed glimpses. This year I think hes a fast riser, and has a chance to physically dominate, as well as put up huge point totals. I think its a fair assumption, if all goes well, he could be a top 6 forward on this team, and a top 20 NHL pick.

I agree on Morin. Would not surprise me at all if he led the US in scoring at this tournament.

I think everyone is basically in agreement on the top 6 US defensemen. I think Carlson is in the AHL to start and a part of the blueline. Not enough room on the Caps top 6 yet, and he could use a half a year in the AHL. Carlson, Fowler, Moore, Comrie all OHL players, and add in Gardiner and Wrenn. Alot of different opinions on the 7th, but as long as they go in with that top 6, I think were off to a good start.