View Single Post
Old
07-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Hockeyfan68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
ive been playing for over 20 years, i have no problems shooting or scoring. of course technique plays a huge role, but to say certain curves dont lend themselves to roof daddy's is ridiculous....and wrong. for sake of proper education.....learn to shoot. fine. to say someone is a poor shooter because they use a pattern that helps shoot high is as ignorant as saying technique doesnt matter. at the nhl level, players use the blade that plays to their game. crosby goes flat for passing and equal shooting backhand/forehand. malkin uses the big toe hook for dangling and sweet top shelf wristers. is he a poor shooter because of his "crutch"? lets not get on a high horse about this. the sakic/p92 goes top shelf in tight better than the modo. its harder to shoot low from a distance, because the puck sails off the blade a bit, for me to hit the lower corners with them, i aim in my head a foot below the ice surface. from 50 feet out, you really have to focus on your technique to keep it on lower half of the net. regardless of your follow through. thats the point of different patterns, to play to different aspects of shooting/passing/handling. would you hit a 100 ft chip with a 2 iron? no, you hit the wedge. because its made for that. of course you can teach yourself to play the whole round with a 7 iron, but after your there.....why? just use the right club for what you do.
Well I've been playing for over 30+ .... so what.

His key mention in his post was having trouble keeping the puck low from far out. That tells me he has mechanics issues. You know it and i know it.

all shots in tight are top shelf, though its tough to keep it lower from distance.

You also missed the last portion of my post which clearly stated what I was talking about.

Now if one uses an open faced wedge to make shooting up high in tight EASIER that is one thing but using that because it is the only way they can shoot high is a sign of needing a lot more practice because this should be able to be done using literally any kind of blade or curve.

I don't see anything wrong with what I posted because I'm right about it.

The following means YOU need practice as well because this should not be difficult to do at all with good mechanics and knowing how to shoot.

from 50 feet out, you really have to focus on your technique to keep it on lower half of the net.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote