View Single Post
Old
10-26-2004, 11:12 AM
BLACKBURN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
Just thought it was interesting to see some consistency. Meaning, late-bloomer, 19 year old, being drafted in the 8th round.
To be honest I think that coincedence is a better term. Obviously they play different positions and are nothing alike in style of play. I have nothing against either guy, I just dont understand why you are comparing them. I could understand if they were both forwards or defenceman but apart from their draft age and positions I dont see any similarities. The points thing dosent really seem important as they both played/play in different leagues and different positions.

Hopefully paiement is a late bloomer, but Chad has'nt done anything spectacular thus far in his pro career and doesent seem to be a set part of the teams future. Whil'st talking about high point totals, a guy I'm keeping my eye on is Petruzalek (12 7 12 19). A guy who I wanted the Rangers to take before the draft was Bahensky, he seems to be doing pretty well up in Saskatoon with 10 goals in 13 games. On the flip side I'm dissapointed by Dubinsky's start, hopefully he will pick it up as the year progresses.

It'll be interesting if Paiement can keep this pace up over the duration of the year. If he does I might become a believer