View Single Post
Old
07-16-2009, 06:54 PM
HockeyinHD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack View Post
I'm not sure what you're trying to pull, HD. I know you don't honestly believe Maltby + Draper + Homer = 100 goals + 100 assists.
Actually, DJ... that's just what Homer has done. All by himself. He's made around 7.5 mil over the past 4 years, and with any kind of year this year he's going to hit 100-100.

Quote:
That is the trio of bad contracts to which I referred. Your post is just as I predicted, an attempt at spin. "they were a bargain in the past, so it's OK to overpay now". "Homer could rebound and score 20 goals again, that's not too bad". "They've been here a really long time, isn't that worth something?"
Otherwise referred to as, "common sense".

Quote:
The correct responses are 1. No, it is not OK to overpay after the fact. Too bad for Draper that he was underpaid in his prime, but that doesn't entitle him to jack. 2. Highly, highly unlikely. I've seen many players pass from the twilight to the end of their career. That's where Homer is at. 3. OK, Holland can keep being loyal to a fault. Just don't be surprised when we morph into the Avalanche or Maple Leafs.

They are bad contracts. Period. Nothing you've said refutes that.
To you. Which, honestly, is about the farthest thing from a surprise imaginable.

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote