View Single Post
Old
07-16-2009, 10:05 PM
WDR357

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frito View Post
Yes, I attened the clinic when I was in my mid thirties. It was a very good clinic that I tried to incorporate into my coaching. My biggest challenge is that it was the first time I had been on skates, other than coaching, in a good six months so I was out of shape. Boy did it kick my butt. I learned a lot of new techniques. It covered everything from the basics (one foot pushes to maximize stride) to advanced (did you know on a backwards corssover that your outside foot never really needs to leave the ice and that you should reach your inside leg as far as possible while pulling it back).

In other words, it is a very good clinic regardless of you age. I would attend the Robby Glantz clinic in town (Laura Stamm is not coming this year) if weren't for my 25th high school anniversary activities.
Thanks for the input. When I read on her website that it is 15 and up for a certain clinic, I picture plenty of 15-17 year olds and one adult! Me!

Funny, on backwards crossovers, I pretty much learned not to actually bring my skate off the ice. Feels odd to me now if I lift and step over the inside skate. Still working on reaching into the center and pulling. Understand the technique, just have a slight execution problem

WDR357 is offline   Reply With Quote