View Single Post
Old
07-17-2009, 12:02 AM
bleedgreen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
Well truth is truth about shooting pucks .... what can I do if someone won't listen because they can't conceive the fact that they may be wrong.

I'll buy you some Ibuprofen or something and call it good. I've said all I need to on the subject and would show someone in person so they can actually see what I am talking about right out on an ice rink.

Guaranteed they are shooting poorly. .... heaven forbid that they should take the time to learn something new.

The "I've played twenty years and apparently know everything and do not need to learn anything new" types get me going. I learn new stuff all the time and half the time it comes from THIS forum.

Open your minds and take advice without insult peeps. People should learn how to shoot rather than using an open faced pattern as a crutch because they can only do so with that pattern. One should be able to with ANY blade period.

Practice it with a normal pattern until you can do it and you will be abetter player when you do choose a more open faced pattern. You may even find what you were using as a crutch was overkill to begin with.
im sorry. this conversation is killing me, but i just have to know what i need to learn that is new? just because when off balance from the blue line on the rush with a dude on me when using the sakic pattern my shots sail.....SOMETIMES, imo doesnt mean i have mechanical issues. it means a) i was off balance, b) i dont take slap shots very often, c) i never shoot from the blue line, im a forward who works the corners and slot. have you ever used the sakic? i know, i know....it doesnt matter what pattern you use...blah blah, but seriously its an open hook you have to be mindful of when further out than the circles if you havent used it before. why this is a sticking point to you i just dont get. you keep thinking im not getting your point. i get it. i dont think i have any issues with my mechanics. i have no idea why you care so much. the statement that any person whose shot leaves the ground from distance has mechanical issues makes no sense to me. i dont have a problem with my shot, all i said was to the guy who has trouble shooting sometimes is that if you use the sakic from distance before you get used to it your shot may sail. where you went on all this from that....i just dont understand. i see people have trouble with it all the time, and when i first used it, going from wood to the composite sakic a couple of my shots sailed. i adjusted. it stopped happening. life went on. i used to teach clinics, ive taught a ton of beginners, i know this means nothing to you, but i feel confident in my ability to not only shoot but to teach it as well. i have no idea what your advice is to me, as i wasnt the one having issues in the first place. no one is using an open faced blade as a crutch. some people.....just like them. this guy has been playing for years , and just because he isnt hitting his top shelf like he wants to doesnt mean he needs to go to school on his form, and doesnt mean buying a sakic is a sin. i stopped using it years ago because it was too open and i like neutral faces, but i know for those who want to hit the corners a little tighter from the circles in - it works. there is no denying it. you can sit there for 5 hours a day and practice with a neutral blade, or you can lead an ordinary life with more open blade. the choice is always the players, and no one should ever be made to feel like less of a player because they make that choice. i told all my students they should start with a straight neutral blade, but they are already adults and they only have so much time for lessons and they want to use what they want. its not my place to them they suck because they arent learning right, they're never gonna be good, they just want to hit the upper corner sometimes.

bleedgreen is online now   Reply With Quote