View Single Post
07-17-2009, 05:11 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
If you want to work as hockey player agent and not a single hockey agent has taken this course... what then?

Sometimes you do not have to work hard - sometimes it is having the right connections and being in the right place at the right time.

Personally I had no overwhelming desire work as a player agent - it fell in my lap.

Unless you are a former pro hockey player, get a law degree (and even then if you were a pro hockey player).
There are many avenues to take to get your foot in the door. It was easy for you because you had connections and were at the right place at the right time like you said and so you didn't need to take these courses. But the OP said he has NO connections, doesn't know where to start so in his case he may not get lucky but instead find another way to get his connections and get eventually be at the right place at the right time. So in a way the OP has to make his luck by working hard and if that is taking the course they offer so be it.

There were other links posted as well other than the one I posted to fast track him into an agent position as well I was merely just giving him another option. I have no clue how many NHLPA agents have taken this course that is something the OP will have to do research on it is a good question to ask them and I am glad you brought it up.

Rhinorage is offline   Reply With Quote