View Single Post
Old
10-27-2004, 12:47 AM
jiggs 10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt
I'd change Ruth to Bonds, Woods to Palmer, and Marino to Brown.
Agree, except for "steroids" Bonds over Ruth. No way, never! Barry Bonds is not even the best player in his generation, let alone one of the top 100 of all-time. Griffey Jr. was better for 12 years, Sammy Sosa was better for 7 years of their careers, and none of them come close to equaling Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Babe Ruth, Pete Rose, Hank Greenberg, Sadahara Oh, or Crash Davis! Bonds did very little of value until 1994, when he started on the 'roids (as ANYONE with eyes can see) after being traded from Pittsburgh. He was a skinny, wimpy 180 lb. guy who in 1 year turned into a 230 lb. slugging horrible outfielder. And he kept getting bigger and worse! I know lots of slo-pitch outfielders who are better than Bonds! And I'm one of them! I can out-throw, out-catch, and out-hustle that puffed up cheater, but because umpires are scared to call a strike on him (because, obviously, MLB has ordered them NOT to) he gets lots of perfect pitches to swing at for his cheesy home runs. He's a wuss, and arrogant to boot! Cripes, Kirby Puckett was TWICE the fielder Bonds is, and 90% the hitter. Why isn't he seen as an all-time great? Sheesh.....