View Single Post
Old
07-19-2009, 12:00 PM
infiniterb

vCash: 500
Do I have the wrong kind of skates?

I'm a beginner when it comes to ice skating. I've ice skated about 5 times in my life. I'm about 5'9, 175, 27 years old.

So last year I went and bought a set of CCM Vector V8.0 ice hockey skates but only used them a couple of times. A couple of weeks ago I signed up for a beginner adult hockey class and have noticed that in these skates I'm having a hard time stopping. I find that most of my weight is on my inside edge and when I try to stand on both edges, or lean to my outside edge I find it very hard and unstable. I was also having some pain on my arch, so I bought some superfeet insoles which seems to have helped.

I did some research last night and found that for beginners, a stiffer skate boot (which I'm assuming the vector v8.0s are seeing as the higher the number with most skates indicates that the boot is more stiff) will be hard to break in and could never break in.

What do you guys think? Should i go out and buy another pair of skates to learn in, and when I'm comfortable/stronger on my feet move up to the vector v8.0s?

infiniterb is offline   Reply With Quote