View Single Post
Old
10-27-2004, 01:13 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
did i say the owners were united?

you do realize the longer this thing goes the more chance of teams and nhl jobs have of being lost? its no wonder guys are starting to chirp. jesus some players have called for contraction. thats some unified membership the players have huh?

I wasn't commenting about your post, just making a general observation about the thread. However, I'm not quite sure what you are trying to point out here. Yes, some players--not many, really just a handful--are speaking out. Of the players speaking publically, quite a few are being supportive of the union's position.

It's important to remember that this is NOT a strike that we are experiencing here, it's a lockout--players are being prevented from practicing their craft by owners. So, of course, they are going to have more diverse views. I have yet to see any revolt by the players regarding their union's position. No one is coming out and saying let's do what the owners want. Yes, they are unhappy--they're not allowed to play NHL hockey. But, that's a far cry from breaking with the union.

Of course, since the owners have not presented any realistic plan at this point, it's very hard for the players to break from the union's position. But, that's another story all together.