View Single Post
Old
07-19-2009, 10:37 PM
vitogor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by a79krgm View Post
I'm not saying that having Cuma in St. Paul they year is the best idea, but I still think he will be there. Burns and Bouchard hardly played and shouldn't have stayed with the big club in their first years, but they did anyway. Also, teenage defensmean are becoming the norm lately. Look at last year's rookies Bogosian, Schenn, Doughty. (and Pietrangelo almost stayed)
Remember, the people responsible for Bouchard and Burns are no longer running the team. So anything that was done in years past is irrelevant at this point. Jacques likes to get his hands on prospects ASAP, and that's the reason why most of our top kids were up with the big team right away. But Jacques is gone, and we hardly know anything about Richards and his way of coaching to draw conclusions or make predictions.

I think that if Cuma had not suffered his injury, he would almost certainly get a long look for a spot this year. But the logical thing to do is to let him get that lost year back, by sending him back to juniors. Next summer, if he doesn't suffer any setbacks, I think he is pretty much a lock. Especially with the salary cap going down, I'm pretty sure both Cuma and Falk will be here.

vitogor is offline   Reply With Quote