View Single Post
Old
07-20-2009, 09:00 AM
stick9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post

As for roofing pucks don't get me started on that ... while an open face on the toe helps do it someone should be able to do it with any blade made. it is mechanics and followthrough that roof pucks and not the blade.

Your followthrough should finish generally in the area you are aiming at in front of you. The blade of your stick will be high if followthrough was high and the puck will go high. Curl the blade downward in the followthrough and the puck will go flat on the ice a bazillion miles an hour angering goalies with slow feet everywhere.

All true and great stuff. You have to keep in mind, there are a good portion of players that simply don't have the time to work on their game away from the rink and probably only get ice time once....maybe twice a week. So while correct form and technique will help, it's not always an option.

I know all the mechanics of it and I still choose to use an open face blade to help roof pucks. Even if I had insane technique I'd opt for an open face blade just that added boost.

To the OP - Try a Warrior Draper.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote