View Single Post
Old
07-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
At our level we don't really get many opportunities to truly set up and work a power play because we can't get to position fast enough to always be on the puck.

But for me, I'm an offensive minded defenseman with a pretty big shot. If I get the puck off the boards, I'll skate along the blue line to get a shot down the middle, shooting low and hard to either get a screen goal, a deflection, or a rebound. If there's a defender in front of me, I'll look to pass to my defensive partner, because usually when I shoot into a defender the puck bounced out to neutral ice and they will pounce for a scoring chance. If somebody's cutting off that passing lane, I will usually dump the puck up along the boards. Rarely is somebody blocking my shooting lane and all passing lanes, but sometimes I can step around them and take a shot.

The idea is to really be aware of what's going on all around you, see where your teammates are open, and take a very quick shot if you have one. I'll usually try and look one way and pass another, fake a shot and pass up the boards, things like that to keep shots and passes from getting intercepted.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote