View Single Post
Old
07-21-2009, 09:33 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefenseDotCom View Post
Darn. I stopped following popular music before most of you all were born. Still, I was really into the "Sweep the Leg, Johnny" music video clip they sometimes ran on the VC jumbotron when Johnny would do a good one. Darn. No mercy, sensei....

We need two healthy, reliable goalies to get through the grind and marathon of an 82game regular season. If Varly keeps his sheen and health, and Theo does not implode, then Theo's pay goes away no later than the trade deadline because of either (1) a trade or (2) the deadline itself, even absent a trade. Given the various likely outcomes, the wisdom of ditching Theo now and relying on BJ or Neuvirth as a Varly backup was low to nil. BJ's minimal contract value reflects his health risk. Good luck to him. I will miss his atttude, warm up rituals and jumbotron video.
It reflects the market more than anything. This was very likely the last spot left in the NHL. Obviously the health risk is there, but all bets are off when trying to figure "value" in this environment I think.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote