View Single Post
Old
07-22-2009, 01:52 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I may be alone in my thinking but I think a Poti Green pairing can be a viable top pairing in this league. Instead we beat our head against with wall with Mo as a top pair guy. Coupled with minimal support from the forwards... amazingly it still almost got us to the ECF. Obviously their health issues were a factor as well.

Love the one you are with. Poti was a total stud 2 years ago and I think would have been last year if he didnt have the groin and broken foot. You may not see it in his PIM stats, but the dude is a baller. Gamer. Not to mention our best PK guy.
Love Poti...one of the best Caps free agent signings ever, but he's a tweener IMO. Decent #2, REALLY good #3. Poti/Green would probably be stronger, but Mo/Erskine/Shultz in your 2nd pair looks really ugly. Mo/Pothier is a pairing I would try this year in camp.

Green/Poti
Mo/Pothier
Jurskine/Schultz

Alzner/Carlson (cry)

6 - Number of playoff series the Capitals have won since George McPhee took over as General Manager in 1997 (which makes him the third-longest-tenured GM in the League), three of which came in McPhee's first season on the job.
CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote