View Single Post
Old
07-22-2009, 08:32 PM
LAKings4ever

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukyo View Post
For some reason Greene seldom played with Doughty. Not sure why. Given that O'Donnell needs to be a bottom pairing guy, I think if/when Drewiske makes the team, he'll be paired with Doughty. My guess at the opening night pairings:

Doughty-Drewiske
Johnson-Scuderi
Greene-O'Donnell
Come on man, Drewiske in the #1 pairing, no way. I think Drewski makes the team, but in the bottom pairing:

Doughty - Greene
Johnson - Scuderi
Drewiske - O'Donnell

I think Hickey is best served with a year in the minors, he has all the tools so just let him develop them to a higher level in the minors. I remember being so pissed off at the selection I went on a 20-30 minute rant because I was so fixated on Alzner at #4...shows how much I know

Now if Hickey comes in and blows people away and makes the team, then I see these pairings:

Doughty - Johnson
Hickey - Scuderi
Greene - O'Donnell

Personally, I think this is a year away...Doughty and Johnson are not ready to handle the #1 pairing at this time, it doesn't serve a purpose to have Hickey in the NHL in a 3rd pairing role so he would need the minutes of a 2nd pairing Dman to get acclimated to the NHL. Greene and O'Donnell come in as the shutdown D pairing.

LAKings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote