View Single Post
Old
07-22-2009, 10:32 PM
Little Nilan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjay View Post
id just like to point out that you dont need to be ripped to be in really good shape. also, going into a calorie-deficient diet will cause you to lose muscle/strength as well as fat.

and no, im not saying this because im fat

if your natural body type wont show a lot of muscle definition, i wouldnt stress over it.

oh one more thing:

hemp-seed protein is really, really great. if you live in canada, there is a distributor that sells it for $6/lb for 25lbs. it makes your shake or juice look really nasty, but that stuff really has it all.
Interesting, can you post the link or distributor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
The energy drinks are a scam because they market them to joe schmoe who doesn't even exercise by showing their fave sports heroes drinking it. it is a huge multi million dollar business in a country where 60% (and that's being generous) of the populace is now overweight and/or obese.

If they sold it to guys who actually drank it during workouts they wouldn't sell enough to make it worth their while. You're going to tell me with a straight face that they are not doing this and that it isn't so?

I cut out most of the carbs from my diet was the point .... not all. You NEED carbs. I still sugar my coffees etc. I love cornflakes etc

I do not even know why I am explaining what cutting out pasta did for me .... I'M THE ONE WHO LOST THE 40 LBS BY DOING IT!

Yeah .... thanks for your advice. I'll change what I'm doing because it isn't working.

BEFORE ... NOTE THE ROUND FAT FACE I HATED.

270LBS
You'll notice I never gave you advice, or doubted that you lost weight. Kudos to you for the loss and keep up whatever's working for you. But my question would be this:

Did you cut all those things you were talking about(pasta, beef, soda, all the rest of the junk food) gradually, one by one, then noticed the pasta was what was keeping you fat, or did you cut them all at the same time? Because if it's the latter, there's no way for you to know what exactly caused the loss as you would've pretty much changed the diet completely and reduced calories significantly. Another question for you would be to explain to me the difference between eating a starchy carb of bread and a starch carb of pasta. There's none, if it's white bread then it's even worse. Fact of the matter pasta is fattening because people have no self control and eat a ******** of it. Unless you're veryy carb intolerant, you can eat it after a workout no problem. It's your loss though, you're the one who loves it, but here in Montreal, where "everyones" not fat, I don't think I met more than a handfull of people who didn't eat some.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote