Thread: Expand the DUB!
View Single Post
Old
10-28-2004, 11:33 AM
saskhab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming
Just out of curiosity, how would it go over in S'toon if he came out and said, "yeah we've talked about things."

Wouldn't he get roasted? I'm not going to say he has talked to Edmonton because I have no knowledge of that, but I wouldn't expect him to admit it if he did either.

There are a few very reputable media people in Edmonton who have mentioned the rumor and where there's smoke there usually is fire. Maybe it won't happen but if it does, it sure wouldn't surprise me.
That is true, but the article did also have quotes from Oil management (can't remember which guy) that they were not moving the Roadrunners. They felt they had an ideal situation going with the AHL affiliate in the same city as the NHL team. They did, however, express interest in a WHL team still, probably for the suburban areas; not out of Rexall Place.

The fact is, Saskatoon has NEVER supported pro sports. We like our local college, junior, high school, and the Hilltops. SaskPlace was built in a terrible location, dooming any new franchises that want to operate out of there (there have been a few minor pro basketball teams that have failed). The AHL wouldn't be any different, despite it being hockey. The Blades can survive because of their history. A new team wouldn't.