View Single Post
Old
10-28-2004, 11:36 AM
You 'Orns!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak
Potvin had a couple of good seasons, and then faded to a borderline #1 because of consistency and mental toughness issues. I'd consider that moderate success. At least Carey was dominant in his short stint. Biron has been handed Buffalo's #1 spot for a couple of years and has not been able to secure the position. As good as Miller and Noronen can be, if Biron could earn the trust of his teammates and prove to be a consistent #1, their goalie situation would be set.
I can see your point. Neither dominated or ever will dominate the way Carey did that one season (such a strange career that guy has).

Who won for best goalie in the AHL last year? Lehtonen? I think that now that more and more goalies are coming for Europe and NHL teams put them in the AHL to get used to smaller rinks and the American playing style, we'll see more and more future NHL stars play full seasons and win awards in the AHL. Nowadays it seems that most great goalies only play a short stint in the minors before they get to the NHL.