View Single Post
Old
07-23-2009, 01:56 AM
TRVIPERS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian View Post
Here is basically all you need to know: take away freak of nature Crosby and in top five players in the NHL you have zero Canadians, even top 6. And then 6 of the next 7 are Canadians.

Here they are:

Malkin, Ovechkin, Zetterberg, Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Parise. I could also make a case for Kovalchuk, so that would be top 7.

If that is not enough to understand what I am talking about I don't know what will. And please, stop this lunacy about several teams Canada that could win, when we talk about the elite competition last time Canada managed to put the best under its flag they were shut out three times in 6 games including to lowly Switzerland.
Are you talking about the 06 Olympics when Canadian-born Paul DiPietro scored twice and goalie Martin Gerber turned aside 49 shots in an 2/0 upset that came only two days after the smallish Swiss - No. 8 in the world, but normally far behind the other seven - beat the world champion Czech Republic 3-2.

Ok if you want to put it that way,take away Malkin and Ovechkin and then 7 of the top 11 scorers are Canadian.

Ok, keep them in and Canada still has 10 of the top 20 and 17 of the top 30.

TRVIPERS is offline   Reply With Quote