View Single Post
Old
07-24-2009, 07:40 AM
Pierre Gotye

vCash: 500
Your skates shouldn't bother you that much, even if new. Skate-break in does take about 40 hours or so. You shouldn't bake skates right off the bat you should wait several hours before you do it.

My guess is you have one of two problems:

1)Wrong skate size. You might have a skate too small for your foot. Kepp in mind skate size, is different from shoe size.

2)Wrong skate type. Here's where it gets tricky, everyone has a different foot type...high arch/low arch, more pronation, less...etc. Most manufacturers make skates for different foot types. You might have the wrong skate type for the shape of your foot.

Let me ask, did you buy the skate on your own? It's usually best to buy a skate from a legitimate hockey shop with representatives that know what skates are best for your feet.

When I bought my skates last year....I tried on some CCM's. I concluded I didn't like them much. Then he encouraged me to try out Reebok's, which I liked much better.

The only other thing I can think of, is you're tying your skates too tight. Skates should be snug, but not too tight to where the point you're cutting off circulation.

Pierre Gotye is offline   Reply With Quote