View Single Post
Old
07-24-2009, 12:50 PM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I guess I'm one of the few, but I like Carle. He got the shaft in San Jose after his outstanding rookie year and his confidence took a pounding before coming to Philadelphia. What he did to deserve the poor treatment in San Jose by Ron Wilson, we'll never know. But he was given an extremely short leash and when he failed as a number one, he was shipped to Tampa Bay as punishment.

I, for one, think he's going to rebound huge this upcoming season. He started turning it around last year and I really do think he's going to have a big year for the Flyers. The key though will be pairing him with Timonen so that Kimmo can help fine tune his game. Coburn should be paired with Pronger so that Pronger's meanness/dirty streak wears off a bit on Braydon.
He may have a big year, that isnt the issue....the issue is that we have too much money spent on the defense and are going with the "lets throw crap up against the wall and see what sticks mentality for the forwards"

If there was no cap I would say Hooray for Carle!!!!

Besides, he most likely has to be moved next year anyway so we can re-sign Coburn and Parent

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote