Thread: Prospect Info: Prospect Thread Index and Discussion
View Single Post
Old
07-24-2009, 01:17 PM
mgeise

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husko View Post
Ok. What can you guys tell me about Fienhage and Tropp. They seem to be two guys who can, down the road, really add a physical element to our lower tier guys. I'm really looking forward to seeing them a few years down the road. Is Fienhage as nasty as I've heard?
To be honest, I don't think Tropp will ever make the NHL. He has some skills, but he isn't talented enough offensively to make it as a top six forward and doesn't have the size/physicality/all-around game to carve out a niche as a bottom six forward.

Fienhage, though I haven't seen him much, doesn't appear to have any glaring weaknesses. He will never be confused with Brian Campbell in terms of skating or offensive ability, but I think those areas of his game are good enough to make it as a bottom-pairing defenseman down the road. I haven't seen enough of him to know how nasty he is on a consistent basis, but he does love to go for the hit.

Hopefully someone who has seen a little more of these guys can give.a better/more detailed assessment.