View Single Post
Old
07-24-2009, 02:33 PM
Larry44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
I shutter to think what Pronger may do to Carle after the 89th time he has to cover his ass after one of Carle's infamous coughing up the puck.
But I hear you putting Carle on the top 4 as much as some of us may not like it(including myself) might be the best way to showcase him if the Flyers did ever have any intentions of putting him up for trade. playing him 12 minutes a night on the 3rd pairing would lower his value.
Its a catch22 because honestly I am not crazy about a Parent-Jones pairing even for 12 minutes a night.
Best case scenerio obviously is to let Jones walk after the season, trade Carle at some point. That would give the Flyers nearly 10 million to play with(not counting what could come back in the deal if they trade Carle) next offseason.
Saying Carle coughs the puck up doesn't make it true. You can check the stats or you can watch some of the games over. He handles the puck all the time and almost always does something good with it.

He is also one of our ice time leaders too, so the coaches are relying on him.

Stevens will probably start off with Pronger and Timonen together so they can keep Carle and Coburn together. This is our top 4. They are very unlikely to trade Matt Carle, and they shouldn't if they are planning a Cup run based on a really solid D.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote