View Single Post
Old
07-25-2009, 10:37 AM
Little Nilan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
The New Rules of Lifting http://www.thenewrulesoflifting.com/ (sroll down on the page past the women's stuff) is a great overall book and has a large section on the Deadlift. I actually did my Deadlifts on a Smith Machine to avoid bashing the weight into my shins and help with controlling the weight. I'd probably get a bit more out of it if my muscles had to work that much harder to control the weight more completely, but I'm using the weights to get in shape, not look like Atlas.

There's probably some other good resources on the net, but if you can pick up a copy of NROL, I highly recommend it, as it goes into depth as to WHY each exercise works, not just how to do it.
I've been meaning to get rent it at my library. I like Cosgrove, so I'm willing to bet his book is awesome. And I agree, Deadlifts are a great exercise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjay View Post
here it is with the nutritional info:

http://www.hempseed.ca/hemp-protein-powder.ihtml
Thanks, I'll look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
You took a scientific pasta eating survey in Montreal did you?

Awesome.

I eat very little bread and some rice once in a while in a vegetable stir fry with baked chicken. All the fattening stuff that goes into pasta dishes makes for the very high caloric intake.

I suppose if I just ate plain white boiled pasta in a bowl it wouldn't be too bad at 200 calories a cup.

I guess you missed this comment I made above.

I must admit though that I do miss a big huge plate of spaghetti and homemade meatballs regularly.

This being said however once a month I buy a large pepperoni pizza because I love pepperoni pizza. Just one ... once a month. I can do that and still be safe.
You're all over the place. I didn't miss that last part, you're basically saying you ate it like a pig. Is there no middle ground?

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote