Thread: Line Combos: 2nd Line Center "again"
View Single Post
Old
07-25-2009, 10:49 AM
OldGreatWestern

vCash: 500
I would try

Smyth - Kopitar - Brown

I think Smyth and Brown would really open up some space for Kopi to work. I also think that no matter what, Smyth and Brown should be on the same line because someone needs to be able to sit around the net and bang in all the shots Brown puts into the goalies pads.

Frolov - Handzus - Williams

I think Zus has earned the 2nd center roll. I also think he has much better chemistry with Fro than Stoll does. This line has good size and also a good mixture of grit and skill. I think they could play a Detroit style of offense where they cycle deep along the boards. I would also use this line to play against other teams top lines because Handzus is so good defensively and everyone has such a hard time taking the puck away from Fro.

Simmonds - Stoll - Purcell

Kind of a weird line but there is a distinct grinder, shooter, and playmaker. It looks like Purcell is going to get his shot and I dont see where else he would fit except the 3rd line. I guess its not a typical shutdown line but both Simmonds and Stoll are pretty gritty and good defensively and hopefully they can open up some space for Purcell.

4th line is totally up in the air. Maybe Clune - Lewis - Westgarth

OldGreatWestern is offline   Reply With Quote