View Single Post
Old
07-28-2009, 08:56 PM
Skraut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
I wear a couple of pair of 2002-2003 bauer Vapor skates and they are size 11.5 EE (E widths are wider than normal feet) and one pair are a size 12D (the D means a normal width). Both fit relatively the same though the 12D feel good with double socks for outdoor ice as to not get frostbitten.

But I wear a size 13 shoe and the 11.5 EE fit me nicely. You should check other skates and sizes when trying them on, I do NOT wear EE shoes but the EE width of bauer fit me nicely and the D width which I should take is too narrow. CCM skates are a bit wider naturally so I probably would do okay with a normal D width for CCM. See what I mean here?
Like the author of this thread, I'm a newbie too, but the advice I have mimmics what Hockeyfan68 says "get measured." I normally wear size 11.5 to 12 shoes, and was shocked to when I was measured that the 2 skates that fit the best were size 9 RBK and a size 8.5 Bauer. I ended up with the RBK skates, and now that they are broken in they fit great, but had I purchased them without getting measured, there's no way I would have selected something that small.

Ran into a guy at the last open skate bragging about his new skates and all the things he had to go through to locate a size 14 skate. I asked what his shoe size was, he looked at me like I was stupid and said "14 of course." He was on the ice all of 10 minutes fell a half dozen times, and quit. I don't even want to know how expensive of a lesson that was for him.

Last edited by Skraut: 07-28-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote