View Single Post
Old
07-28-2009, 09:28 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Byers has been an overachiever since turning pro. He has good hands in close, has size and is willing to battle for space in combat areas. He has an excellent opportunity to make the team this year. He's the type of player that should make our team harder to play against.

Kundratek had a good first season but there's still some questions in my mind about him. I think the Rangers expected more offensive flair than he's shown thus far. He's probably at least two years away and with the number of quality d prospects we have he's going to have to leapfrog at least a couple of them to make it to the Rangers. It's something I think he can do but he needs to become more of a force if he returns to the WHL--see him as a bottom pairing d-man if he turns pro in Hartford this year.
I'm not sure if I'd agree with the Rangers expectations from Kundratek-- I think they knew the kind of game he played and the big shot from the point was a bonus. I do, however, agree with everything else. Byers is the clear winner for me.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote