View Single Post
Old
10-30-2004, 08:22 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Darth...

I'm sure Lundmark was ahead of Wiseman and Moore pre-this season. If Wiseman and Moore keep putting up points on a line with Balej, they become the front-runners ahead of Lundmark when or if camp resumes. Lundmark would face a more uphill battle as opposed to if he was the centerman on that line. These guys are trying to prove they're ready for the next step every night - and they're doing it against good competition and right in front of their coaches. While I said Lundmark was likely ahead of those two, he was not far ahead, and is already behind. Yeah, head-to-head competition means a lot, but when you have a kid who's coming off an off-season, and who really never sparkled above and beyond the pack (no pun intended) in the AHL and who's in a less-competitve league with players of which he'll likely never be a teammate again, you will tend to lose your edge. This was exactly what Moore needed - a shot with scoring linemates and he's taking the bull by the horns right now, an expression we used to use on Jamie a while back. I'm not saying he'll keep this up, mind you, as I've predicated everything with 'if'.