View Single Post
Old
07-29-2009, 12:40 AM
alternate

vCash: 500
count me in the "keep Wellwood" camp.

I guess it's a good thing that we can now take skill and face-off savy for granted, but I'm still in favour of having too much of it on the roster.

I really don't like our C depth without Wellwood or another addition.

after Henrik:

Kesler is good. if he starts the season as our #2 C I'm okay with it. but I do prefer him on the wing in the top 6.

Demo I don't really even consider a C. he's so much better on the wing. besides, he's going to miss 20+ games in all likelihood, and that's if he starts the season on time.

Johnson, great 4th liner, but we are pretty weak if he has to move up the roster.

Hodgson would be a rookie (for those that don't know) and I hate the idea of needing a rookie to anchor one of our top 3 lines. and if he's not ready, there's absolutely no depth to fill in, especially when Demitra is out of the lineup.

Rypien, has health concerns to begin with, and isn't an upgrade on Johnson.

Bolduc needs another season with the Moose.

We need Wellwood on this roster. he brings skill to any line, can win face-offs, can QB a 2nd PP unit, good on shoot-outs, and is smart and defensively responsible. really, the only negative about him (assuming, as I am, that his conditioning concerns are behind him) is his size. But considering the options available for less than $1.5m, I'll take Wellwood's skill and versatility at the expense of his size.

alternate is offline   Reply With Quote