View Single Post
Old
07-29-2009, 10:22 AM
EmptyNetter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi View Post
I used to be moderatly good at floor hockey because I was so agressive I would run all over the place challenging anyone and anything, stickhandle by just shooting the ball slightly and running to it, and use my strength to get outside, powerful shots on net. Now I am slower, older, heavier and more apathetic. I joined a floor hockey team for a little fun and excersize, but it just seems like a waste of time, and more of a chore than fun right about now. I am also playing a higher level of opponant than I faced in high school....
I think the bolded parts are valid reasons for why you may suck (your words, not mine ). The older you get the more important physical conditioning and practice becomes. I feel ya, brother. I'll be 40 in October and I never appreciated my youth when I had it. One thing I can be happy about is I started hockey in my early 30's so right now I'm the best I've ever been. I don't have to compete against a young "me", just against the other guys on the ice.

If you feel you're in over your head you'll probably hate it. Going down a level sounds like a good idea at this point.

EmptyNetter is offline   Reply With Quote