Thread: Prospect Info: "All Things Peoria" thread...
View Single Post
Old
07-30-2009, 01:19 AM
ChicagoBlues

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshniak View Post
All of this is my opinion obviously. But out of what I've seen from these guys.

Bolded players are who I'm giving basis to.

Unless Kana has raised his game that made him a 2nd round pick, he's off to Alaska. But I have a feeling that if he gets sent to Alaska again, he's going back to Europe. Just because, well, no offense to Alaska, but why would he want to play ANOTHER year there?

Fast and Fletcher both COULD play in the AHL. But I think we have so much depth now that they'll end up playing in Alaska.

Turek, if he plays like he did in orientation camp, will be in Peoria. Don't ask me how they will fit him in, but I can't see sending someone as talented as him to Alaska.

P.S. When did Mitch Love convert to forward? I could have SWORN he was a defender.
I agree regarding Kana. He wouldn't be on this list if he wasn't such an amusing person. I also think he's going to be demoted and agree that, if this happens, then he'll take off for the KHL. And frankly, I can't blame him. He's just not good enough for The NHL and barely good enough, if at all, for The AHL. I'll switch him to the "Possible Forwards".

Yeah, you're prolly right about Fast not making the Peoria squad, but Fletcher is a pretty decent d-man. I think he makes it to Peoria as their 7th/depth defenseman.

EDIT: Strachan just might wind up as The Blues 7th d-man.

Turek is really good and demonstrated to the coaches that he's for real. I wish him luck.

I'll check on Love. wink wink...might be wrong.

EDIT: This is from this article: "Love was a defenseman for Houston (he played some forward), but the Rivermen plan to use Love primarily as a left wing."

The thing about having a pugilist on the wing is because they can't afford can't to lose 1 of their 6 d-men for 5 minutes and possibly 10 minutes or even the whole game. Playing with 11 forwards is better than playing with only 5 d-men.

And what about Dahm?

Last edited by ChicagoBlues: 07-30-2009 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Gots some Love.