Thread: Prospect Info: "All Things Peoria" thread...
View Single Post
Old
07-30-2009, 10:59 AM
ChicagoBlues

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshniak View Post
If we are using Love as a forward. We have Peluso, I'd have to think that Reaves will find himself in Alaska. No point in having three fighters. Especially is Janssen is waived and makes it to Peoria*

*I have a feeling Janssen AND Stastny will either be waived or traded as we don't really have much use for them in St. Louis. I'd love to see Janssen stay in the system, hell, he might even score a goal or two for Peoria if he plays. We all know how Stasnty can light up the AHL, so I honestly don't see him clearing waivers, even if it's a AHL addition to another club.
I sure hope Reaves doesn't go to Alaska. That boy is a terror and he got skeelz. He's kind of a DJ King type; a tough guy with hockey sense and a decent shot. I'm a big Ryan Reaves fan and would rather see him loaned out to another AHL team rather than sent down. The important thing to note is that Reaves has rarely been used in a role that requires the use of his "hockey sense" so, it's difficult to assess his upside.

RE: Stastny

Losing Whitfield hurt big time. Peoria badly needs Stastny and if The Blues lose to injury someone like McClement, then Stastny is the perfect call up.

The Rivs are going to get some late-season help from at least 2 of those Canadian junior league players I've listed under "Possible Forwards". And I'd look for Lehterä as a late-season loaner again.

-------------------

I'll go ahead and remove Dahm from the working roster.

-------------------

The Peoria Rivermen's roster is starting to come together, at least on paper.

Last edited by ChicagoBlues: 07-30-2009 at 11:09 AM. Reason: added something