View Single Post
Old
07-30-2009, 11:23 PM
190Octane

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem View Post
You were dropping 10 lbs of water due to carb restriction, not fat, maybe even some muscle. But yeah, your advice would work for most people wanting to lose weight. It's proven, I've tried it and it works.

That said, if people want to be unhappy, there's some great advice in this thread.

P90x sucks. Strict carb restriction sucks, low fat sucks.

I've gained on high carb, lost on high carb, gained on high fat and lost on high fat. What does that tell you? What I've noticed is the best way to really understand how you respond to food and calorie intake is using the experimental method. Keep the same variables, but change 1 for 2-4 weeks, look at the results, make a conclusion and so on. I've noticed I lose weight at 3000 calories and gain fat at about 4000 calories. I've been having a hard time getting the right amount in between that cause when I lose, I lose quickly and when I gain, I gain quickly.

Seriously, a good workout program+sports+balanced diet(and a balanced life) is the the simple solution to everything. You'll be happy with your eating, happy with your sports life and you'll see the fat shed week after week, albeit slowly, but what matters is the long run.
I couldn't agree more with this. What it comes down to is not eating too much processed junk and exercise.

190Octane is offline   Reply With Quote