07-31-2009, 10:25 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I cant vote on this.

Ive never seen Gilroy or Heiny play and i dont how how the other prospects have developed. I'll reserve judgement and wait until i see some preseason games before i fill out my pairings.

Plus, we dont know if they can all fit under the cap, and if the Rangers are going to sign another defensman (I think they will).

To be honest, the love for Gilroy is quite astounding given that hes never set foot on NHL ice in any capacity. I dont care how old he is or what contract he has.
I don't think it's "love" for Gilroy. I think a lot of people--myself included--feel that he was signed to play in the NHL right away, regardless of how we feel about him. We've heard how Torts liked him and asked for him, how the Rangers fought hard for him, etc... To me, all signs point toward him having a spot on the defense. That's why I was voting for him; not because I love his game (I don't know that much about him still), but because I just feel like he's an inevitability at this point.

For this poll, I went with Sangs. It's kind of a gut feeling at this point. I do feel that people are way, way too harsh on him when it comes to slamming his defensive ability, and I also think it's ridiculous to project MDZ over him at this point. I think Sauer is the most NHL-ready, and he'd definitely be my number two pick. Again, it's just a gut feeling that gives the edge to Sangs for me.

What do people really know on Heikkinen? It seems like we're relying on literally a handful of reports on the guy, and yet some people think he's on our D right away?

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote