View Single Post
Old
07-31-2009, 03:34 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Man, I went Bourque in the first poll, going Boyle now... There more I think about it, the more I like Boyle. He has top-6 upside, but is still a safe bet to play in the bottom 6 even if the scoring doesn't come around. Bourque, meanwhile, won't even sniff the NHL if he doesn't pan out. Switching to Boyle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Yeah, the more I think about it, the more silly I feel for having put off on Boyle for so long.

Admittedly, it's tough for me with all the new prospects we've acquired through the draft and trades in the past few weeks.
Exactly. This is what I've been saying all along and why I wanted him added as far back as like the fourth poll. His progress slowed down a bit, but his upside remains top 6. It's his FLOOR that is 4th line - and he's already reached it. Glad that I actually get to vote for him now after flubbing it in the first go round.

Bourque meanwhile has to have a growth spurt, otherwise he'll never make the league. So this boils down to

1) The guy who has already achieved the bottom 6... and still has upside of top 6

vs

2) The guy who's achieved nothing... and has upside of top 6, IF grows 3 inches and 30 pounds in addition to avoiding all the other developmental pitfalls that prospects have to avoid.

Last edited by BrooklynRangersFan: 07-31-2009 at 03:46 PM.
BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote