View Single Post
Old
07-31-2009, 09:20 PM
gravytrain6t

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=nyr2k2;20625959]]B]He found him to be more trustworthy?[/B] Because he wasn't enamored with Sauer in his first three games means nothing. The five games he watched Potter were his first experience to that player, so to portray him as being more comfortable with Sauer is a bit disingenuous as it implies he knew Potter previously.And as you said, they brought in Morris, you if anything it indicates Tortorella wasn't comfortable with either player. Which makes sense considering they were rookies in the middle of a playoff race.

If you want to base your opinions of the two players based on cups of coffee, rather than a full season's performance, go for it. But if you're expecting anything significant out of Potter, I guarantee you'll be disappointed. And again, your assessment of Sauer was wrong."

He may not have known Potter personally, but what about conversations with scouts and coaches in Hartford as a possibility.

What's with these guarantees. While you're at it, tell me how the Rangers will finish next season. I have to tell you why they brought in Morris and sent down Potter as if it isn't obvious. Morris is a dinosaur in this league. You don't think Sather may have told Tortorella that he's bringing in Morris to not only help with the power play but to bring more exerience on defense??

And all along, I basically agree with what you're saying anyway. I just don't think Sauer is there yet. He's still very young.

You think Kalinen was more impressive than Potter and Fahey. He got the job because fat ass Glenn brought from Buffalo or wherever and Renney didn't want to make Sather look like the idiot that he is.

I guarantee you were watching the wrong the games last season if you thought Sauer looked any good. He looked like crap. With or without coffee. I had none btw. He didn't look good.

Potter looked much steadier or else he wouldv'e got shipped down after 3 games. Obviously Tortorella didn't trust Sauer so why are you asking me who he found more trustworthy? Yes he found Potter more trust worthy.

Except an opinion. And don't sit there and tell me I'm right or wrong when Sauer only had a cup of coffe in the nhl.

I just said, in the long term I think Sauer will improve. Not sure yet.

Last edited by gravytrain6t: 07-31-2009 at 09:42 PM. Reason: My apolgies to the boards and the OP as i feel i took it too far.